Cleveland 588 RTX CB Satin Chrome Wedge
- Spin is generated by friction. The more friction there is between the ball and the clubface at impact, the more the ball spins. Having cleaner contact and a rougher surface on a wedge clubface increase friction. The Rotex Face on Cleveland Golf's new 588 RTX wedges has three technologies that promote cleaner contact and add surface roughness.
- Grooves function like tread on a tire, channeling away moisture and debris to improve contact. On a wedge face, the larger the grooves, the more moisture and debris can be channeled away to allow for cleaner contact with the ball.
- Thanks to more precise manufacturing, Cleveland Golf has been able to make the Tour Zip Grooves on new 588 RTX wedges 16% larger than previous Tour Zip Grooves. These U-shaped grooves have been proven to channel away the most moisture and debris in the widest variety of course conditions (in accordance with USGA regulations). Now that these grooves are 16% larger, their ability to increase friction and generate spin from the rough, sand, and fairway is even stronger.
- Cleveland Golf's proprietary Laser Milled Technology increases surface roughness with four perfectly calibrated texture lines milled between each groove. But this only adds roughness in a uniform pattern.
- The new 588 RTX wedges feature the new Rotex Face Pattern, a 3-inch circular pattern that is CNC milled across the entire clubface. By itself, it also increases surface roughness.
- Surface Roughness With Only Rotex Face Pattern.