TaylorMade RocketBladez HL Irons 4-PW, AW - w/Steel Shafts
One little thing makes RocketBladez irons stand apart from the rest, and that's the Speed Pocket, a 2mm-wide slot in the sole that flexes and rebounds at impact, increasing the speed of the face to promote faster ball speed, a higher launch angle and a higher, stronger ball flight that lands on a steep, quick-stopping descent angle.
It's the same concept that makes our RBZ Stage 2 fairways and Rescues so fast and long. In addition to delivering more speed for more distance, the RocketBladez Speed Pocket also delivers consistent speed, so shots fly a consistent distance for predictability from shot to shot. Incorporated in the 3- through 7-irons, the Speed Pocket also promotes dramatically less drop-off in ball speed on impacts low on the face, where the majority of iron mis-hits occur -- TaylorMade studies indicate that 68% of iron shots by amateur golfers are mis-hits below center-face.
RocketBladez irons feel great too. The Speed Pocket is filled with a specially formulated polyurethane developed by 3M that quiets vibration without significantly slowing/inhibiting the flex of the pocket, while also keeping debris out.
RocketBladez irons also incorporate TaylorMade's newest and most effective iteration of Inverted Cone clubface technology. Positioned in the back of the clubface, the improved Inverted Cone design delivers two critical benefits. One, it increases the size of the clubface area that delivers high ball speed. Two, it influences how the face flexes and rebounds at impact to control the angle at which the ball leaves the face, promoting straighter shots and a tighter dispersion. This is a critical benefit that promotes significantly more accuracy compared to previous high COR irons.
- Built for a High Launch.
- Speed Pocket in the 3- through 7-irons works with an advanced, ultra-thin face design to promote consistently high ball speed and distance.
- Consistent distance with every iron made possible by careful management of the Speed Pocket, improved Inverted Cone shape and high MOI.
- 17.5 grams of weight is strategically redistributed to lower and center the CG location, promoting a higher launch angle, higher peak trajectory and a steep, soft-landing, quick-stopping descent angle.
- Fantastic feel promoted by a specially formulated polyurethane developed by 3M that fills the RBZ Speed Pocket and quiets vibration.
- SW and LW have re-designed cavities to promote feel, feature our renowned ATV sole for maximum greenside versatility,and come equipped with heavier steel shafts to promote better rhythm and control.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Do you have shaft specs?Asked on 2/4/2015 by Derek from Gilbert, AZ
A:The shafts are RocketFuel™ 85 grams steel shaft. The shaft size .370 tip. The shafts promote a higher ball fright and are light weight to increase ball speed off the face. Please give us a call if you like to order a set. (888)200-7428Answered on 2/9/2015 by Anonymous
Q:What is the difference between the Rocketballz irons and the RocketBlades irons and which would be better for a high handicapper?Asked on 1/13/2015 by Rob from United States
A:Rocketbladez are essentially a newer model of the Rocketballz irons. They are made for the same higher handicap range and are game improvement irons.Answered on 1/16/2015 by Customer Care from Duluth, Ga
Q:Is there HL High Launch or not high launch model. Are these 2013 model year.Asked on 9/10/2014 by radel
A:This set is the High Launch (HL) model. Yes these are 2013 model year.Answered on 9/19/2014 by CustomerCare