How-to-Buy Women's Apparel
There's a lot more that should go in to selecting your outfits for the golf course or tennis court than how it looks. With new technology designed to meet your needs in any condition, it's important to find the right fabric and fit to make your time on the course both functional and stylish.
Find the Perfect Fit for Your Lifestyle
- Sporty: Active, athletic apparel Brand Examples: PUMA, Nike, Under Armour, adidas, Bette & Court
- Traditional/Country Club: Elegant style with elevated details Brand Examples: Tail, Vineyard Vines, Daily, EP Pro, Jofit, Nivo, Sport Haley, Polo Ralph Lauren, FootJoy
- Fashionista: Not afraid to try new styles, trends, colors or fabrics Brand Examples: Jamie Sadock, Jofit, Polo RLX
- Classic: Timeless style at a great value Brand Examples: PGA TOUR, Pebble Beach
- Sun Protection: Sun damage builds up over time. It is important to protect yourself daily, even on cloudy days. An easy way to protect yourself on the golf course is to look wear clothing made with special sun-protective materials.
- UPF stands for "Ultraviolet Protection Factor," and provides best protection from harsh sun damage.
- Look for easy-to-identify "UPF" tags and stickers on clothing to see which items offer maximum protection.
- UPF clothing is offered in every silhouette from a variety of vendors.
- If you're looking for further protection, consider ultrathin long-sleeve layers. These sleeves are worn under your favorite tops, and provide ultimate, lightweight sun protection.
- Sun sleeves are a pull-on style protectant made from a stretchy, light fabric that features moisture-wickening technology and provides UPF protection for your arms.
- Don't forget head coverage! Visors and broad-brimmed hats help protect sensitive areas around the face and neck.
- Rain/Wind: Don't let unpleasant weather ruin your day on the course. Ensure you're ready for all of Mother Nature's treats by investing in the right gear for anything she throws at you.
- Wind vests made of lightweight ripstop fabric deliver superior durability while providing protection against swirling conditions.
- Waterproof rain jackets with taped seams and waterproof zippers offer the best defense to ensuring you stay dry and active.
- Consider your rainy-season climate when deciding between a traditional full-zip jacket with a four-way stretch or a full-zip jacket with zip-away sleeves.
- Rain pants range from X-Small to XL, and will have a looser fit since they are made to be worn in addition to other items.
- Top it all off with a rainproof hat to keep your head dry.
- Cold Temperatures: Several vendors offer cold-weather gear with cutting-edge technology that absorbs and retains body heat. Brushed-fleece lining is an option for adding warmth without the bulk. As the temperature continues to drop, consider layering with quarter-zips, base layers, puffer vests/coats and leggings under skorts.
- Tummy Control: Pull-On bottoms offer a tummy-slimming silhouette with a wide elastic waistband. This will offer comfort while controlling concern in the desired areas. Available in shorts, skorts, capris and pants from a variety of vendors.
- Upper-Arm Coverage: Elbow sleeve and 3/4 sleeve polos and tops offer coverage for upper arm concerns.
- Shorter body types have offerings in sizes starting at 0 and XXS in select styles and vendors. Ankle pants and capris are great choices for a shorter golfer, while skorts and shorts come in a variety of lengths as well.
- Taller body types can also choose from a variety of lengths in shorts, skorts and pedal pushers.
- Plus Size: Ladies have offerings in sizes from 18 up to 22 and XXL in select styles and vendors. Skorts, shorts, capris and pants are all available in extended sizes.