Rain, sweat, heat, and dirt all take their toll and cause grips to wear down over time. Changing your grips frequently can be one of the most cost effective ways to maintain your equipment, and can add more consistency and control to your shots.
As a rule of thumb, you should regrip your clubs once per year, or every 40 rounds. Keep in mind that grips lose a significant amount of their original feel long before they become hard and slick. Because it happens slowly over time, most golfers fail to notice it. That's important to remember because just a tiny, imperceptible slip at contact will be magnified by many yards by the time the ball reaches its target.
There are now two ways to get your golf clubs regripped:
- Visit your local store during hours of operation to drop off your clubs and take advantage our club repair technicians expert advice to select the best grips for you and process the work ticket.
- NEW option for those wishing to minimize time spent in a busy retail environment. We now have the option to pay for grips and installation labor fees in advance online and expedite the drop-off process. To do this:
- On pgatoursuperstore.com, choose your grips and set delivery method as Store Pickup
- Set the quantity of grips needed and add the grip installation service to the chosen grips
- Choose your preferred date and time to drop off your clubs, either curbside or in-store during the check-out process
- When you arrive, our Associates will check in your clubs and verify any special instructions you may have, and off you go…skipping the wait in line to pay